Intro to the hashmail widget
An overview of the hashmail widget, and why you should implement it in your dApp
What is the hashmail widget?
The hashmail widget is a simple embeddable component that allows you to embed chat support, and in-app notifications within your dapp
When your users connect their wallet address, they will be able to:
- Raise chat requests, and receive help from our AI chatbot trained on your docs
- View notifications sent to their wallet address on the widget. Notifications are in HTML, so can see full images, links, etc.
- Setup auto-forwarding of messages to their personal email, telegram and discord. Any messages sent to their wallet address by you will also be delivered to their preferred channels
Do you require users need to sign up on hashmail?
hashmail is designed to provide a smooth, frictionless communication experience for users. Users can raise tickets, view notifications from you, and setup auto-forwarding from the widget itself. No signup required!
Try it out for yourself - Experience the widget live on our playground
Can you customize the widget user interface and theme?
Yes - the widget color scheme, and icon is fully customizable. You can set the color scheme, icon and padding according to your preferences in your dapp console
How does the widget manage security and privacy for users?
At hashmail, we pride on following the highest standards for privacy, security and compliance.
- The widget requires mandatory user consent (when connected for the first time). This is in full compliance with GDPR, CASL, and other applicable laws. Users can also revoke consent / unsubscribe
- All user forwarding preferences are encrypted and securely stored on the hashmail vault. Users have full control to change / delete preferences as they please.
- All messages are encrypted, and securely stored on decentralized storage that is accessible. Users can access their messages
How long does it take to implement the widget
The widget takes <10 minutes and 2 lines of code to implement in your application. In the next section, we have a simple step-by-step walkthrough to guide you through the implementation
If you face any issues, our tech team is on stand-by to help you with the integration.
Updated 10 days ago
A simple guide to setup and install the hashmail widget